Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results
Third Quarter Highlights
- Grew adjusted earnings per share (EPS) by 32% to $1.71.
- Increased revenue by 31% to $4.17 billion.
- Expanded adjusted operating margin by 250 basis points to 21.9%.
- Generated free cash flow of $0.59 billion in the quarter and $1.42 billion year to date.
- Achieved a breakthrough in ultrahigh performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) with the launch of the Thermo Scientific Vanquish system, which provides both accuracy and speed in a single platform for food safety, industrial and biopharma applications.
- Showcased expanded capabilities for clinical customers at AACC (American Association for Clinical Chemistry), including specialty diagnostics as well as analytical instruments and software now listed with the FDA as Class 1 medical devices for clinical use.
Third Quarter 2014
For the third quarter of 2014, adjusted EPS grew 32% to $1.71, versus $1.30 in the third quarter of 2013. Revenue for the quarter grew 31% to $4.17 billion in 2014, versus $3.19 billion in 2013. Organic revenue grew 4%, with acquisitions, net of divestitures, increasing revenue by 27% and currency translation having a negligible effect. Adjusted operating income for the third quarter of 2014 increased 48% compared with the year-ago period, and adjusted operating margin expanded to 21.9%, compared with 19.4% in the third quarter of 2013.
Follow Evolution Global Talent Attraction on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIN to keep up-to-date with news and trends from the biotechnology, biosciences, medical device, IT and Intellectual Property industries.