QIAGEN demonstrates expanded bioinformatics workflows at ASHG; strong market adoption as researchers analyse genomic data on more than a quarter-million samples in secure private cloud
- Translational research in cancer and other diseases will benefit from new capabilities being presented at the American Society of Human Genetics annual meeting
- Volume of 250,000-plus DNA samples linked to Ingenuity® Knowledge Base greatly exceeds any comparable database – providing superior depth for genomic analysis
- Ingenuity® Variant Analysis™ adds fully integrated BIOBASE HGMD® Professional to deliver quick, detailed reports on inherited mutations
- CLC Cancer Research Workbench gains copy number detection and first “FastQ-to-insight” solution through integration with Ingenuity® Variant Analysis™ to help users uncover meaningful insights in cancer research
QIAGEN reports second quarter and first half 2014 results and announces launch of new $100 million share repurchase program
Achieved Q2 2014 targets: Adjusted net sales of $331.2 million (+4% CER); adjusted operating income of $81.2 million and 25% operating margin; adjusted EPS of $0.26 CER
- H1 2014 adjusted net sales rise approximately 8% CER excluding U.S. HPV tests, in line with full-year 2014 goal; H1 2014 free cash flow rises 28% to $77 million
Five growth drivers providing momentum to accelerate innovation and growth:
- QIAsymphony: Moving ahead toward 250 new placements of breakthrough modular automation system; FDA approval of diagnostic for human cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Personalized Healthcare: FDA approval of KRAS test as QIAGEN’s third U.S.-approved companion diagnostic; new pharma partnerships with Astra Zeneca and Eli Lilly
- QuantiFERON-TB: Clinical data for gold standard latent TB test support strong growth
- Bioinformatics: New content with BIOBASE for growing data analysis and interpretation capabilities; creating synergies with NGS consumables portfolio
- NGS: Launch of 14 new gene panels targeting a broad range of cancer-related genes for industry-leading performance with any NGS sequencer or biological sample type
Third $100 million share repurchase program being launched.
QIAGEN reaffirms expectations to deliver higher adjusted net sales and earnings in 2014.
Follow Evolution Global Talent Attraction on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIN to keep up-to-date with news and trends from the biotechnology, biosciences, medical device, IT and Intellectual Property industries.