Lonza Half-Year Business Performance Fully on Track
- Business is fully on track with a CORE EBIT growth of 13.1% compared with the first half of 2013 despite currency headwinds
- Revenue grew by 7.0% in constant exchange rates, 3.2% in the reported currency
- Pharma&Biotech made good progress in all three Business Units in the first half of 2014
- Specialty Ingredients had a good performance with an especially strong contribution from Consumer Care and Industrial Solutions
- Ongoing transformational initiatives towards a leaner and more market-driven organization show positive impact, and we have identified further upside potential from all Business Units
- Net debt has been reduced by CHF 300 million compared with the first half of 2013
Lonza’s Specialty Ingredients and Pharma&Biotech segments both delivered a sound performance despite currency headwinds and are fully on track to deliver the growth targets. Compared with the same period in 2013, sales growth of 3.2% to CHF 1.8 billion and CORE EBIT growth of 13.1% to CHF 241 million are coming from the implementation of growth projects and from restructuring activities.
Follow Evolution Global Talent Attraction on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIN to keep up-to-date with news and trends from the biotechnology, biosciences, medical device, IT and Intellectual Property industries.